Creating a KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) account is easy and can be done in a few simple steps.
- Go to the KDP website (https://kdp.amazon.com/) and click on the “Sign in” button in the top-right corner.
- If you already have an Amazon account, simply log in with your existing credentials. If you do not have an Amazon account, click on the “Create a new Amazon account” link and follow the prompts to create one.
- Once you have signed in, you will be taken to the KDP dashboard. Click on the “Bookshelf” tab to access your book listings.
- To add a new book, click on the “Add New Title” button. You will be prompted to enter the title, author name, and other information about your book.
- After entering all the required information, you will be prompted to upload your book file. Acceptable file formats include .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, and .html.
- Once your book is uploaded, you can set the price and make other formatting adjustments.
- After making any desired changes, click the “Save and Publish” button to make your book live on Amazon.
- Congratulations, you have now successfully created a KDP account and published your first book!
Note: KDP account is only for self-publishing e-books on Amazon Kindle. If you want to publish print books, you should consider creating a KDP Print account.